Re: open office on the alpha was: openafs on alpha

Want to clarify myself a bit ...

> Well, why ? If it works for powerpc and netbsd/sparc,
> it should

I'm sleeping already - missed "not here".

> be too bad on Alpha too. Well, at least I hope :-)
> It is just the fact that we're the only ones who have to deal
> with longs manually, instead of using a compiler switch :-(

Well, I hope I haven't sounded too definite on this issue
and haven't overstated anything :-) - I'm just a bit more
optimistic now about our new strategy of substituting all longs
in StarOffice code (which in almost 99% were used as
uint32's) with unsigned ints on Alpha. At least, we
progressed with building a few more projects this way.
Any other way similar to what I tried earlier - to get the code
running with longs - very well may require help of newest gcc.

> >  Perhaps Redhat's compiler would and possibly a pre-3.0 gcc, but
> > definitely not 2.95.x.

Regards,

Andrei