Re: openafs on alpha

Hi,

> Hello,
>
>         For the past two weeks I have been trying to port openafs to the
> alpha. I've had mostly decent success (through experience -- at IBM I was
> porting it to i386-Linux before the source was commonly available). So now
> the server processes, the kernel module and afsd compile and run, but
> apparently rx packets are corrupted going across the network from client
> to server (or back). Is anyone else wanting to get openafs to alpha-Linux
> who would like to work with me on this? I'm been in a rut now for a few
> days.

Yes - yes - yes, I'm interested in this work very much :-) !

I actually downloaded AFS sources the day they were
released, and I'm subscribed to AFS mailing lists since than,
but I had to spent some time hunting for decent and cheap
HDDs to make any use of it :-)

I'm currently running RH because I was in a hurry to get QLogic 2200
running and something didn't work out under Debian unstable for me.
As soon as I'll solve that problem I can switch back to debian-alpha.

There were some talks about Tru64 patches for AFS recently in
OpenAFS-devel, I thought that maybe it will be possible to make
use of them when they will come out. I'm wondering what is your
expert opinion, if there will be some communication between
AlphaLinux and Tru64 ports or not ?

> Greetings,
> Michael.
>
> "I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."         Debian GNU/Linux
> Michael Stroucken       stroucki@debian.org      Is your penguin 64 bit?

Regards,

Andrei