Re: netscape 4.7-3

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, francis hauguet wrote:

> hum, i successfully build QT2.2 (qt-x11-2.2.0.tar.gz) on my alpha box
> with the default gcc given in the RH6.2 for alpha (this was before I
> install the debian distrib). Seems to  work. I builded licq-1.0 with

That's because they included egcs 1.1.2 with RH6.2.  It'll be quite a jump
from there to their "2.96" that they're presumably offering with RH7.0
now.

I may go ahead and try building that egcs version locally and building the
Qt/KDE stuff so we can at least start offering it as a binary
package.  I'm not thrilled with the idea, though, since I'm a believer in
offering packages that can be recompiled on a stock system should a user
wish to add/delete some kind of support not offered by the Debian
packages.  In short, it depends on the release time frame for gcc 3.0
(since the latest snapshots do compile things correctly, from what I can
tell).

> excuse me for my awful english but i' m not very fluent and i've just
> wake up.

No problem :-)  I live in a place where English is largely a
second-language, so I'm kinda used to it :-)