Re: qlogic isp + tape drive = panic

On Mon 27 Nov 2000, Marcus Williams wrote:

> It might be worth checking out the QLogic drivers from
> NetBSD/FreeBSD etc that also work under linux at
> http://www.feral.com/isp.html

I have to agree here. I had trouble getting an ISP1040 running (on my
Alpha XLT), and finally by using the drivers at the above link, it
worked. I can't remember the details though; however, no tape drive
involved, only an UW disk.

Now if I could only get MILO to load the kernel from an ext2 filesystem
on that disk... I discovered that if I put the kernel into the FAT
filesystem (where MILO also lives), then it loads just fine. I *am*
using a rather old MILO, because I couldn't get any of the newer ones to
work.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/