Re: netscape 4.7-3

Tom Vier (thomassr@erols.com) wrote:

> yeah, it's fine, so is nsswitch.conf. oh well, i'm going to build kde and use
> konqueror. it is strange that it's only DNS that's broken, though.

That's odd. I do remember seeing this once before, but I don't
remember what the problem was. The only thing that sounds close is the
one time I had a bad entry in 'resolve.conf' - all other apps worked
fine but NS (it was just one bad entry at the bottom). Once I removed
all but the two good DNS servers from there it started working again.

Good luck with KDE.. QT2 still doesn't build on Alpha. It appears to
be gcc's fault. :-(

Ron