Re: XFree86 4.0.1 architecture status

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:

> alpha:
> 	I have applied patches from Chris Chimelis that should work; if
> 	someone could volunteer to keep the package up to date I sure would
> 	appreciate it.  If you do, please subscribe to debian-x.

Ok, already done :-)  I don't know how I missed subscribing to it before
:-)  I'll make sure the packages are up-to-date since almost every package
for woody is compiled on my system (and I now have a potato chroot going).
FYI, Debian's packages for XF 4.0.1 are the trendsetters on Alpha now.  We
are the only dist to actually have packages that support not only the
"normal" cards for Alpha, but also NVidia TNTs :-)  Thanks to Peter and
Jay E. for the patches to make that happen.  I'm going to lean on the
glide maintainer a bit to test out the 64-bit sources for glide on a
32-bit platform to see if they work (other volunteers are welcome since he
hasn't gotten back to me in awhile).  If they do, we can probably enable
DRI support for 3Dfx cards as well (which would be another first for a
dist on Alpha).  Great work on the packaging end to make this all
possible.

> 	Alpha also needs to build the xfree86v3 source package.  It is the
> 	only arch other than i386 that needs to do so.

Ok, I'll work on that tomorrow.