Re: trouble installing 2.2rev0a on a pc164lx

Michael Kane schrieb:

> Stefan,
>
> I was able to get the installation started by booting the kernel from the
> installation cd and the root file system from a floppy disk.  However,
> the root file system still does not seem to work and I was not able to
> find it listed as a bug.  In any case, thanks for the help.

Did you try it using another floppy? Or even a third one?
Just to be sure that a faulty floppy isn't causing your
problem.

How did you create the root floppy? Using dd?

Did you try to boot from hard disk, from an extracted
root image (that would be root.tgz)? Well , for that
purpose another, already working Linux installation on
your machine would definitely help (to create a ext2fs
partition and to extract root.tgz to there). I could only
boot into the installation this way if the extracted root
image is in the root directory of this ext2fs partition.

Regards,
Stefan Schroepfer