trouble installing 2.2rev0a on a pc164lx

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing version 2.2rev0a of debian using cds.  I'm
able to get milo to start up without a problem.  When I pass
boot hdd:/boot/linux root=/dev/hdd/boot/root.bin load_ramdisk=1 to milo
the boot process beings without a problem, but the I get the messages:

Warning: unable to open an initial console
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

I am aware that it was not possible to boot the installation for version
2.2, but I was under the impression that this was fixed.  Is this the
case?  If it is, could someone please give me some kind of hint as to what
I may be doing wrong?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike