Re: Kernel 2.4.0-test11-pre5 compilation

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Rich Payne wrote:

> > > The 2.4 series have been nothing but painful on my system.  The main 3
> > > reasons I want to get them working is:
> > > 1. Sound Blaster Live! support
>
> Well, you could use ALSA (www.alsa-project.org).

Good point.  I hear ALSA support on the Live! cards is better anyway.

> > > 2. DRI, and agpgart support for my Matrox g400
>
> I think the latest 2.2.x series has had much of this back ported.

The 2.2.18pre series seems to include the above.  Not 100% positive it
will work, but last time I looked, those options were there...

> Again, I know that RH are shipping USB with 7.0, not sure if that was
> their backport or if it's in the latest 2.2.x

I think RH is going with 2.4.0-test7 or something like that (at least
that's what I heard last).  It could be that they're using one of the
2.2.18pre's, though, since they do resemble the 2.4.0-test series more
than they resemble 2.2.17 :-P

> Neither :) I was using IDE at the time. Had a USB mouse working under X,
> it was a good feeling.

Ah, ok :-)  Thanks!

(who's languishing in Qt debugging hell)