Re: Kernel 2.4.0-test11-pre5 compilation

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Robert Martinovic wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I compiled the latest 2.4 series kernel - test10 with the test11-pre5 patch.
>
> Everything, including SBLive! and USB support, compiled fine.  The only
> problem is that when i boot with this kernel, it hangs, the last message
> being "Adaptec AHA2940.... "
>
> All relevant SCSI options have been included.

Ugh...what's the last 2.4.0-test kernel that you compiled and booted on
that machine (even the "other" way)?

> I was hoping that this would be the first 2.4 series kernel to be
> compiled the debian way, and WORK.

Hehehehe...yeah, I haven't really tried compiling kernels that way,
honestly.  I know I should one day, but considering how often I compile
and patch the kernel, it's just usually too inconvenient.