Serious problems

My system froze up while doing an install from dselect.  I had to
power cycle the machine. Now gdm, and I don't know what else, doesn't
work.  I tried to reinstall gdm and get the following dependencies
that won't install.

gdm -> locales -> libc6.  Is there some way to refresh/rebuild the
database?  locales won't install, and libc6 appears to already be
installed.

Also, does anyone know what would be causing scsi timeout problems.  I
have been getting a lot of those lately.

--
Thanks,
George

dowdingg@math.uaa.alaska.edu