Re: ccc .debs?

> Greetings,
Hi,

> I'm trying to test alternative compilation of a package I maintain using
> ccc/fort, but can only find ccc rpms.  Are there debs, or can I safely
> alien and install the rpms?

No. You can't alien them safely. There has been a discussion in length about
this a few weeks ago here. I recommend, checking the archives.

> The rpms seem to depend on newer cpml than is available in .deb, and
> come with newer ladebug.  Can I alien and install them too safely- and
> without breaking fort?

It's easy to install the rpms by hand and fix things for debian. works good for me.

> Thanks,

regards,
T. Weyergraf

--
Thomas Weyergraf                                                kirk@colinet.de
My Favorite IA64 Opcode-guess ( see arch/ia64/lib/memset.S )