Wanting Debian to co-exist with another OS on Alpha - any hints of installation ?

Greetings,

I have never used Debian before and I want to try it. Currently I'm
installing
Mandrake on my SX164 but I figured that 4GB ought to be enough
for 2 OSes. I would be very grateful for any information about
coexistance
of Linuxes on Alpha - my search on dejanews and alphalinux.org hasn't
showed up anything so far. That is, booting from SRM, are there any
problems to watch for when one wants to have 2 (apparently) different
slices to boot from, one swap and one common /home to share ?
Any possible complains from the installer if putting Debian second ?

Thanks for any hints,

Andrei