Upgrading from Potato to Woody

Hello,

I've been trying to upgrade from Potato to Woody for a while now.
I have made the necessary changes to redirect apt-get to the
new distribution.

But when running "apt-get update", it fails to find a file called
"Packages" in the binary/alpha directory. A manually connect
to the server and inspection of said directory shows that the
file _is_ there.

I have tried this now for several months, first thinking that it was
something wrong with the file and that it would be updated in
time. I have also tried different mirrors, but all with the same
result.

I would appreciate some guidance.

- IT