Re: "No init found" during boot/install

scr (whoknows@onlinehome.de) wrote:

> Well, I simply have a copy of milo and linload.exe
> (those files from the potato CD, of course) on a small
> FAT partition somewhere on a HD. That's where I point
> ARC to. I prefer to do further experiments from then
> on via the Milo prompt (not having switched to SRM).
>
> So for me: boot disk = root disk   --- floppy-wise
>
> And yes, I did try to boot the kernel image directly
> from CD in this environment. But with no luck so far.
> Fails with that "No init found" kernel panic.
> Could be (in this respect) a faulty CD on my side,
> but I'm not sure about this.

I see... FWIW I also run ARC + milo on one of my Alphas (SRM doesn't
like the video). Unless you are feeling daring, I'd say "if it ain't
broke, don't fix it."

I never tried booting directly from a CD in milo, SRM yes, but not milo.
Has anyone tried that recently?

Did you get potato installed ok?

Ron