Re: XFree86 4.0.1

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Robert Martinovic wrote:

> Thankyou to all who have offered advice.
>
> So far I have the new debs working simply by commenting out the GLcore and glx modules in XFConfig-4.  As we all know this is a temporary measure.
>
> I have seen Chris' post about his upload of these modules, but I haven't had the chance to play with these yet.
>
> My question is: has anyone had any success with the Matrox drivers for xf4?  Their website says the beta release is only for i386, but since the source is available, I thought someone had played with these.  I would love to get xinerama working on my g400 card, since i've had a spare monitor just begging to be used for months now.

The source is there...but it links to a binary only library! There's been
some work with Matrox and I think somebody is in the process of porting
that library to Alpha. Matrox is claiming that they can't release the
source to that library....using the usualy reasons (intellectual property,
some parts belong to others...the dog ate my homework).

So there is some hope.

--rdp

--
Rich Payne