Re: New XFree86 not working

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, T. Weyergraf wrote:

> To me, it seems, your XFree build is somewhat wrong. Have you tried the native
> .tgz's, that are found on ftp.xfree.org ?

I'm actually thinking that there's a bug in the memory base detection
code.  I had to patch that stuff to get it to compile, so I'm not sure if
it really worked or not (probably not).  In either case, I'll take a look
at the stock 2.2.17 kernel.  IIRC, there was a buglet in the 2.2 series
(and early 2.4.x-tests) regarding the multi-PCI bus systems.

Unfortunately, my SX only has one PCI bus, so I may have to defer the
diagnosis of this :-(