Re: cxx on woody

On 2 Nov 2000, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> I tried to install Compaq cxx on woody, but encountered this problem:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: unknown demangling style `compaq'collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> Aborting

I ran into this too, but haven't had the chance to look into it further
yet.

> Didn't we have compaq demangler support in binutils at some time? (I'm
> using 2.10.0.27-0.cvs20001011.2). Do I now have to use the binutils
> provided with cxx (I'd rather not do that), or would downgrading
> binutils help?

Hmmm...not sure.  I'll look into it, but I think I know what happened to
the compaq demangler support (might've fallen out of the package when I
recently switched from H.J. Lu's sources to the CVS...I don't think the
demangler support was committed to the main tree).

I'll check it out.   I think that I might even have the binutils patch
from Compaq laying around somewhere.  If so, I'll apply it against the
current binutils and do another upload.  If not, though, it may have to
wait until H.J. releases a new version (we really need at least the
current CVS version in woody for some other archs).