Re: svgalib on alpha

Andy Mortimer <andy.mortimer@zetnet.co.uk> writes:

> There are a couple of bugs open about svgalib not building on the
> alpha.  I'm mostly asking for advice here; I could just set
> Architecture: i386 and have done with it, but if it's possible to
> get it to build, that is clearly ideal!

I'd rather not bother. svgalib requires root privilege for running, so
I always feel to uneasy to use it, and I guess many people have the
same problem. Also there is an svgalib emulation library for GGI,
which makes it possible to run svgalib programs on a wide range of
displays (e. g. X), so it would be a much better idea to ensure it
works. It might not squeeze the same performace out of the hardware,
but I guess that's not such an issue anymore nowadays...

	Falk