Re: Congrats to great boot floppies

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 05:15:49PM +0200, Christian Meder wrote:

> > Actually, not correct now, but was correct before; LX and SX with the
> > latest (5.7, soon 5.8) FW can recognize and use Adaptec controllers
> > from SRM.
>
> This is strange. I upgraded to the latest srm firmware from the digital site
> and it was unable to recognize anything except floppy and ethernet card so I
> went back to alphabios.
>
> Is there some magic incantation involved to get the Adaptec recognized after
> upgrading the firmware ?

I guess it may depend on the particular Adaptec card installed; I've
tried with 2940UW and it was fine. Also, I would not expect it to
handle a U2W type card.

--Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Engineering - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corp. - MRO1-2/K20         (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com