Re: Can't boot

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

> If you've got a fix, I might as well do another set to go with the new
> set of sparc I've got to do (also non-bootable).

Sounds good.  I hope there's still time.

> Any idea what the problem is?

Sure, it's easy, the kernel was in /, but the /etc/aboot.conf on the
CD thought it was in /boot.  I've committed a one-line fix to
debian-cd to put the kernel in /boot :-)

> If it's a trivial CD build problem, rather than a breakage in the
> contents of the FTP archive, then I can just rebuild them and call
> them something like:
>
>   2.2_rev0_cdrev1

Yes, sounds good.

> Ah, OK -- it's got a work around.  Should we just get this added to
> the 2.2_rev0 errata then?

Yes, please do.  The proper command should be:

aboot> b /linux initrd=/boot/root.bin root=/dev/ram

--
dhd@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.