Re: Congrats to great boot floppies

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 10:45:44AM -0400, Jay Estabrook wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 12:52:06PM +0200, Christian Meder wrote:
> >
> > I've done three installs from scratch now on different machines and they all
> > worked great (lx164, as255 aka avanti and as200 aka avanti).
> >
> > lx164 was done from alphabios via milo. people (like me) with
> > half-flash boards (like sx164 and lx164) with Adaptec controllers
> > should stay with alphabios as srm can't boot from Adaptecs (right,
> > Jay ?). I'll file a (minor) documentation bug against the alpha boot
> > floppies doc.
>
> Actually, not correct now, but was correct before; LX and SX with the
> latest (5.7, soon 5.8) FW can recognize and use Adaptec controllers
> from SRM.

This is strange. I upgraded to the latest srm firmware from the digital site
and it was unable to recognize anything except floppy and ethernet card so I
went back to alphabios.

Is there some magic incantation involved to get the Adaptec recognized after
upgrading the firmware ?

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de