Re: new disks

"George A. Dowding" <dowdingg@koios.math.uaa.alaska.edu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a running alpha system and just newer bigger disks.  I am
> wondering if it would be better to try to migrate the OS to the new
> disks or do a fresh install.  The current system was originally slink
> and upgraded to potato quite some time ago.
>
> All the accounts are from NIS and the home directory is from NFS.
> This machine is mostly set up as a shell box, and I don't have any
> services http, mail, etc running on it.
>
> Comments?

Update the old disks (to test if there are any problems with updating)
and install from scratch (to test the installation once again).

I would reinstall to get the new interface stuff for network and get
rid of all the old spam that might have collected. Doesn't look like
you would have any difficulty with data to rescue.

Goswin