Re: old XL

> > By the way, I always hated the noise and eventually came up with a kernel
> > patch to cool down the CPU during the idle loop
> >
> that is useful.  Given that the AS255s have a semblence of power managemement
> (according to the manual) is there any kernel support for using that?  ie idle
> loops giving a slower CPU clock speed, spinning down scsi drives etc etc ?

I've also got an AS200/166... I haven't noticed the CPU fan noise as much
as the clatter of the old SCSI disk, but does this model have the
capability for this type of power management too?

(And I never noticed the heat sensor on that computer because I never had
to crack the case... Slink insalled flawlessly. :)

Andy