Re: old XL

> On Aug 15, Nikita Schmidt scratched in indelible ink :

> By the way, I always hated the noise and eventually came up with a kernel
> patch to cool down the CPU during the idle loop

that is useful.  Given that the AS255s have a semblence of power managemement
(according to the manual) is there any kernel support for using that?  ie idle
loops giving a slower CPU clock speed, spinning down scsi drives etc etc ?

/Jp...
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy