Re: old XL

On Tue 15 Aug 2000, Andrew MacNamara wrote:

> Should I try to resolder the heat sensor attachment back on, or just run
> it always at high speed? If I put it back on, I'll have to tape it down in

Let it run at high speed. Only drawback is the noise.

On my XL300 I actually added a smaller fan directly to the heatsink
of the CPU after my first CPU board gave up. The heatsink remains
a lot cooler to the touch now.

> Also, which way does the case fan go? ;-) I took it apart for cleaning,
> and thought I put it back together, but it seems to be intaking at the
> front/case fan, and then just exiting out the back through the holes in
> the case--is that right?

If it's similar to my XL300, that's right.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/