squid exiting due signal 4

I repeatedly get the "child process exiting due to signal 4" messages in
/var/syslog after executing squid, and all my child processes die out in
some seconds. I tried to solve the problem several ways, but finally I
came to the conclusion that something is wrong with
the kernel (2.2.15 and 2.2.16), because with the generic kernel
(jensen5.img, which used for the install) it works.
I also searched the squid-users list for a solution, but I only found some
words complaining about bugs in glibc.

I really hope there's a solution, and I would be very pleased if anybody
sent me some words about it.

MANY THANKS,

Krisztian Egi