Re: glibc 2.2 and gcc (Was Re: something completely different)

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 09:19:08PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > Oh, and by the way, the libstdc++.so versioning madness isn't applied
> > > for the Hurd :-).  There's definitely no reason for a seperate
> > > libstdc++ package for glibc 2.2 on the Hurd.
>
> Why does hurd not have this problem? Does it have libstdc++? What is the
> soname of the library? If it's based on the libc version, like all the
> rest, then it will have that problem, just like everyone else.

ulysses:/gnu/lib# objdump -p libstdc++.so.2.10.0  | grep SONAME
  SONAME      libstdc++.so.2.10.0

The Hurd has not the long history of linux libc conversions, so we don't
need to carry the same amount of cruft with us. The libc soname is not
included in libstdc++ at all.

Thanks,
Marcus