Re: Not sensing Floppy Drive

Hi!

(forwarding this to list as well now, perhaps it will help someone else,
too)

[del]
>  I fear the onboard floppy controller may have a problem in the floppy data
>in line (internal problem) which is the reason the board is not reading the
>floppy.  I have tryed replacing the floppy drive (twice) and replacing the
>floppy drive cable (twice) with known good hardware.
>
>  The only thing which has changed from the time the board was reading the
>drive until it stopped was the board was moved from a tower case to a
>rack-mount case.
[del]

Try reseating the power connectors and take a close look if the internal
connections aren't bended or broken. I once had occasional failures
on my serial line because of a broken connector on the -12 V supply
line, which was only used on the serial line - it took me months to
find *that* out....

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Poliittinen Laulu (Punk Lurex OK),