Re: Alpha kernel-image-2.2.14 packages

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Herbert Xu wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 06:26:39PM -0600, Michael Stroucken wrote:
> Well, what can I say? The pristine source has always been in the .orig.tar.gz
> as is the case for every Debian package.

	But when we're already downloading the deb package, we're not
getting that -- it only comes with the source package. I do value the
patches that were put on 2.2.13 -- my box is really stable now. But should
we then have to download ANOTHER 15 megs of kernel source (or however big
it will get, don't get me started on that), to be able to patch up to
newer revisions? It would be much easier if either your kernel package
came with the oringinal sources AND a diff to the particular fixes and
additions , or the patched tarball and diffs to move it back to the
original source shouldld somebody want to use the official patches.

Greetings,
Michael.

"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?