Re: FW: Slink kernel compilation

rdp@talisman.alphalinux.org said:

> Yes, because if you start MILO from SRM, then the kernel is actually
> started from MILO not SRM. So that makes sense (in some strange way).
>
> Can I ask why you are starting MILO from SRM and not just started Linux
> directly (with the help of aboot)? Just curious.

I would think it is because aboot is the "even worse than worse" documented
of the two. Also, most (all) distributions use MILO to load the kernel no
matter what you are booting from, so users tend to stick with that.

And last but not least, SRM has a substantially larger memory footprint
than MILO, so people low on memory may not want to use it.

--
Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand
I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are