Re: Slink kernel compilation

Hi,

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Martin Lucina wrote:

> My advice is to go straight to 2.2.13 or later (the former has been rock
> solid for me) and use that. 2.0.x is fairly out of date with respect to
> Alpha.

Does it mean that it is better to go for potatoe instead of slink, even
though it is not even declared frozen yet?

What are the recommendations, if one wants to keep the old distribution
for everyday work on one harddisk (RedHat 5.2), while setting up Debian
on a second harddisk until its sufficiently configured and operable?
I´ve got an LX with Alpha BIOS. Can I use the MILO from RedHat as well
for Debian or should I prepare a small DOS partition on the new harddisk
as well?

Regards,

Kerstin

--