Re: compaq compilers

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, James D. Freels wrote:

> OK.  Sure.  We all know debian packages are more complete.  That is
> why we use Debian!

:-)

> So, if I installed the Compaq package per the instructions (in the
> right order, etc.) given by Compaq with the alien-converted .rpm->.deb
> files, I should be OK?  One problem I ran into at one time was the
> wrong version of libc6.  Will the new .deb files depend on packages
> from the unstable tree or will it work from stable tree?  My test
> FORTRAN programs seem to run fine.

Yes, this time (as opposed to a few releases ago), I made them depend on
just "libc6.1" with no subversion specified.  They should install on all
dists.  My tests on potato went very well.  FYI, most of the binaries are
shared, but I believe are more reliant on the Compaq libs than anything
else (libots).