Re: kernel 2.2.14 and compilers..

"Matthew R. Pavlovich" <mpav@purdue.edu> writes:

> My PC164 is hanging at the Calibrating delay loop... after updating
> to 2.2.14.  The debian 2.2.13 kernel works fine.  Any thoughts?

Hm... I wanted to update to 2.2.14 on next reboot... better be careful :)

> Also.. I am getting a lot of lock ups when compiling.  Anyone else
> having problems w/ 2.95.2 of gcc?  Also, has anyone tried the Compaq
> compilers?

What do you mean by "lock ups"? Generally I have few problems with
gcc, except for a few Internal Compiler Errors which are mostly fixed
in the CVS version.

The Compaq compiler seems to work pretty well, too, and often produces
faster code (especially for floating point). I'm really looking
forward to their C++ compiler...

	Falk