Re: [boot-floppies] Whither "srmbootfat"?

On Friday,  7 Jan, David Huggins-Daines wrote:

> The rescue.sh script in boot-floppies seems to want a program called
> "srmbootfat" for the rescue disk.  But I cannot find this anywhere on my
> system and it does not seem to exist in any packages.

It does not belong to any package: it's one of MILO tools, and MILO has
not been packaged yet.  You can find its source in the tools/boot
subdirectory of the MILO source tree (it would need some porting to run on
non-64bit architectures).  Binary for Alpha is available from
ftp://genie.ucd.ie/pub/alpha/milo/srmbootfat.

> Who built the boot-floppies for slink?  I have a few other questions I'd
> like to ask them...

If I remember correctly, it was mostly Loic Prylli's work, and he's gone
now.

Nikita