Re: aboot

>Hmmm.  I'm using Potato on a AS DS10 with SRM and aboot.  The only
>problem I ran into with aboot was an inability to follow symlinks.
>Once I replaced the symlink from / to /boot with an actual kernel
>file, things worked fine.

Do you have a scratch partition?  Can you mke2fs on it, copy over a
kernel, and try to boot from it (leaving the root fs where it was, of
course)?  Maybe the fs created by the Debian installer is different
from the one mke2fs makes by default.

I do have a laundry list of packages still at slink (slow net
connection), but I' pretty sure I've gotten all the disk-related ones.

FYI, e2fsprogs version == 1.18-2, aboot was 0.5-4

-Doug

--
Doug Larrick  doug@ties.org  doug.larrick@compaq.com  AIM: DougLarick