Re: many unaligned trap

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 tad@omoikane.co.jp wrote:

> On my XP1000 box (21264 based), which is daily upgraded potato,
> many important program like apt-get, su, bash causes unaligned trap.
> (from /var/log/messages)
>
> I do not know well how these packages are build for alpha,
> but these packages might be only built for ev5.

The problem is the C++ startup code.  We've narrowed it down, but nobody's
had time to really do anything with it.  Plus, we have to figure out if
it's glibc or gcc for sure (looks like the latter).

> Does somebody tell me how alpha's packages are built?
> Are these from autobuilder (http://www.complete.org/~buildd/) ?

Most are from either myself or the autobuilder (which hasn't been too
active lately).  If the packages are from the past two or three weeks,
they were most likely compiled by me.