Re: kernel problem

Bart Warmerdam <bartw@xs4all.nl> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 08:27:01PM -0800, Eric Melville wrote:
> > i'm trying to compile kernel 2.0.38, and i'm not having _any_ luck. i've
> > set up the kernel (i believe) correctly, but all i get when i boot it is
> > a line of ------'s, and then it hangs there forever. i've tried to
> > compile kernel 2.2.13 and got the same effect. i tried to compile the
> > 2.0.38 kernel both with and without the 2.0.x-egcs patch to no avail.
> > any ideas?

I had that too on my ruffian and have it now again with newer kernels.

Last time (switching from 2.0.33 to 2.2.5) it helped to use a new
milo. Try to get or build one that matches your kernel version.

If that doesn't work, switch to different compiler versions and
optimisations.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin

PS: Allways do "make clean" after updating the compiler.