Re: Random lockups

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Matthew R. Pavlovich wrote:

> kernel 2.2.12..  I am suspecting bad RAM, but I have never had problems
> from this vendor.

That's possible.  2.2.12 has been rock-solid on SX, but i've heard mixed
reports from LX owners (unknown about straight PC164's).

Try 2.2.5 as a fallback and see if it does the same.  That was the last
kernel that seemed to boot ok for everyone.  I wouldn't stay running on
it (memory leak), but it is a good test.