Re: Clock Problem - UDB + Unstable

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:47:57 +0200, the world broke into rejoicing as
Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl>  said:
> On Tue 28 Sep 1999, cbbrowne@godel.brownes.org wrote:
> >
> > If a kernel image appeared [somewhere], that would be well-appreciated.
>
> I've built 2.2.12 for an UDB (I hope :-), and put it up at
> ftp://ftp.murphy.nl/pub/debian/alpha/kernel-image-2.2.12_noname.1_alpha.deb
>
> This is a kernel-image package as generated by make-kpkg; just dpkg -i
> it. You may have to make arrangements to have ARC (or was it srm) find
> the new kernel, I forget the details there.

Thanks for putting that up there...

It's not quite OK, as the system starts booting up, displays several
screens worth of stuff (too quickly to read it all, alas), and then we
get:

NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP
Starting kswapd v 1.5
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 0000000000b9680
swapper(1): oops 0
and then halts...

[with some register information that I've elided...]
--
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for it makes them soggy and
hard to light.