Re: Clock Problem - UDB + Unstable

On Mon 27 Sep 1999, cbbrowne@godel.brownes.org wrote:

> I just "upgraded" my UDB from Stable to Unstable, and this seems to have
> introduced a fairly serious date problem.

I had the same problem when going from slink to potato.

> XFree86 is the most visible participant in this; it appears to continually

No...

> date > out
> date >> out
> date >> out
> date >> out
>
> gives:
> Sun Jan  4 14:22:07 CST 1970
> Mon Jan  5 16:31:09 CST 1970
> Sat Jan  3 06:41:38 CST 1970
> Sat Jan  3 02:58:15 CST 1970

It's some strange interaction between the new libraries and the kernel
that's going screwy. I finally solved it by booting my backup filesystem
which still was slink (sorry, I guess you can't do that...), and
building a 2.2.x kernel there, and booting that. With that kernel, no
problems whatsoever...

You won't be able to build a kernel on the screwy system, as make
depends on the date not hopping around... I guess I or someone else
could build a kernel-image package for you. Standard UDB?

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/