Re: ccc status

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Ettore Aldrovandi wrote:

> I have not paid attention that closely to the list, lately, so I'm
> probably going to say something dumb: I have the rpms, is it too much
> trouble doing the debs? I thought maybe I can save myself another
> download. I recall alien didn't do too well with fort, but not too bad
> either ...

Actually, you can do the debs yourself, but there are things that you'll
need to know about the way Compaq handles their RPMs before you attempt it
(they sometimes include scripts, some things are statically linked, some
are dynamic, their scripts are usually broken on Debian systems as-is,
etc).

I've done the debs for them on the previous betas of things, so I'll
continue to do so.  I'm just changing jobs, so things have been a bit busy
lately and I'm behind on my packaging duties.