em86

Hello Everyone..

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with em86. I've been
reading about it in some of the archives, but there never seemed to be a
message which answered my questions. The documentation is sparse and looks
as though it hasn't been updated since '97. I'm currently running on an
sx164. So anyways, here are the questions I have:

Is em86 still being used to run x86 binaries on the alpha or is there
another alternative?

How do I install em86 on a debian system? The packages are all rpms.

Are there kernel options I have to have installed?

And finally, if I do get it installed succesfully, what do I do to install
and run an x86 program (like netscape).

	Any help would be much appreciated. Going back to school soon and
would like an office suite and a web browser running.
			-dave