SCSI card

I've just built  PC164LX based system, 600mhz chip 256 megs of ram, 2 uw
scsi hard drives. Everything seemed to be fine until I went to try and
install an operating system only to discover that the alphabios does not see
any of my hard drives. I am using a Tekram DC-390F scsi card, which is based
on the Symbios 53C875  chip. Alphabios detects the scsi card properly, but
fails to see any hard drives. Thinking something could be wrong with the
card I plugged it into an intel based machine, where it worked properly
seeing both drives. I have checked termination and just about everything
else I could think of. I upgraded the bios in the scsi card and the
alphabios to the latest version on api's site. If anyone has a work around
or an explanation it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff Bolle