Re: Compiling KDE

From: Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>

>On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 05:33:45PM -0400, geko@geko.dhs.org wrote:

>> I have succesffully configured and installed the kdesupport and kdelib
>> packages (...)

>> I assumed that I would do the same with KDEBASE but I this is where I run
>> into an error.

> First: there are pre-compiled debian packages available. Just point
> your apt to "http://kde.tdyc.com/debian slink kde" and enjoy. Or, if
> you have problems, contact me (because it was me who compiled the
> packages) or the mailing list kde-debian@tdyc.com.

> As for the error you're getting: No idea, when I compiled the
> packages everything went smooth...

Did you ever try a newer kde with qt2.0?
I have a snapshot from 08031999 and thats pretty problematic to
compile. It needs mico-2.2.7 and that won't link on Alpha (see my mail
about it).

I also trying to compile it on i386-slink, and there are a lot of
problems too. I have to exclude some odbc stuff and some games from
building to get kdesupport and kdegames to compile.

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin