Re: xcontrib: update-alternatives beeing called with wrong parameters at config time

On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 02:21:28PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > To Alpha porters: AGAIN?! Do I really need to force using debhelper
> > 2.0.14 to recompile this package?! Does anybody read debian-alpha
> > mailing list, anyway?
>
> Josip, do not get upset.  You don't seem to understand that automated
> build daemons are used to build packages.  Emailing mailing lists
> won't solve your problem.

I know that. I thought that the owners of the daemons read the mailing list
related to their port.

> The only possible real solution is indeed forcing (in debian/rules)
> debhelper >= 2.0.14.  If you do that then the buildd maintainers will read
> the build log and realize how to fix the problem.  Otherwise, the build
> with succeed but contain errors such that it cannot be installed.
>
> I personnal do believe this is a release critical bug...
>
> The same problem occured in SPARC.  I am fixing manually (binary only
> NMU 3.3.2-5.2.1).  However, I have no wish to keep manually fixing
> this with each new version.

Fine. I will set the rules file to demand 2.0.14, and that problem will have
to be fixed. But don't blame me if the new beta debhelper breaks something
else.

--
enJoy -*/\*- pronounced 'iosip', or simply 'joseph'