Re: Warning about getting Compaq Fortran compiler beta

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.990701092749.21483C-100000@beezer.med.miami.edu>
chris@beezer.med.miami.edu writes:

>> Hi all...
>>
>> Just wanted to let you know that, for some reason, Compaq's new Fortran
>> compiler beta seems to only be available in RPM format :-(  I've already
>> written to them asking them to provide a deb or tarball, but haven't
>> gotten a responce yet.  I'll keep everyone posted on this since it's
>> definitely something we'll want to play with :-)

In Debian, we can use "alien" command to make deb file from RPM.
I am not tryed the fortran yet, but for the iprobe package it worked well.

Naohiko Shimizu
Dept. Communication Engr./Univ. TOKAI
1117 Kitakaname Hiratsuka 259-12 Japan
TEL.+81-463-58-1211(ext. 4084) FAX.+81-463-58-8320
http://shimizu-lab.et.u-tokai.ac.jp/