Re: Installation - booting & non-US

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 10:22:31PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> I recently managed to install slink on a PC64 system.  The only real
> hiccup with the install was that the install manual doesn't appear to
> document how to boot the install system - it appears that the PC
> instructions have not been replaced with a description of the procedure
> for MILO and/or SRM.

The installation needs some work for potato. Thanks for your message.

> Another problem is that I can't seem to find non-US.  There's alpha
> packages for potato, but for slink there appear to be none, just Sparc,
> m68k and i386.  This is using non-us.debian.org via HTTP.

When slink froze all except non-us were moved to frozen. So there is no
official non-US for slink. If you want non-US packages the easiest thing is to
build your own. Install fakeroot and dpkg-dev and run
dpkg-source -x -sn <package.dsc>
dpkg-buildpackage -B -muser@localhost -rfakeroot -uc

HTH some...

B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------