XBase-Clients, Xemacs, and gcc

Hi,

I'm having three problems related to these three packages in
Alpha/potato:

Several font packages for X11 have been upgraded to
3.3.3.1-4, and they depend on XBase-Clients >= 3.3.3.1-4 and -3 is the
only one available making X11 unusable.  It states: "could not open
default font 'fixed'" and does not start.

Xemacs only loads the non-gui version now, it might be because of the font
problem with X, but I'm not sure because I cant find any of the old font
packages to downgrade to.  (I'm running this thru an ssh connection if
anyone is curious why im trying to use Xemacs without X11 working).

After the latest update of gcc, when I build the kernel it seg faults
about every 2-3 minutes.  If I retype the command, it continues on and
then segfaults later.  It doesn't comment on any signals (such as signal
11) and I'm not overclocking the machine in any way.

Thanks,
Mike