Serial port baud rate on LX164

Hi,

only recently I noticed that I cannot set any baud rates higher than 38400
on the serial ports of my LX164.

I can set higher baud rates but there is no communication with my modem. The
first moment 57600 works. When I change forth and back it's gone, though.

I use slink with the supplied kernel:

Linux ralf 2.0.35 #1 Sun Nov 15 07:09:00 CET 1998 alpha unknown

- Is this problem known?
- Why is that? I read about the UART chip on the board; seems fairly standard.
- How to fix it? Update/rcompile kernel? Which version, which patches?

Thank You for any help!

Yours,

Roland